Penticton is a cyclists dream. There are beaches to explore, quiet tree-lined paths, lazy riversides, flat and wide city streets and the rail-to-trail Kettle Valley Railway.
Rating: Intermediate some road sections
1. Starting from the hotel near Penticton City Centre we rode along the new multi-purpose pathway on Okanagan Lake beach.
2. Cross the dam near the SS Sicamous and follow the pathway along the canal watching people floating downstream.
3. Take the crosswalk EAST for one block then pick up the Skaha Lake Pathway.
4. Just before South Main Street we followed the bike route NORTH through Penticton’s neighbourhoods
5. At Calgary Ave follow the old Kettle Valley Railway trail, but that’s another ride — see ride #91