Cranberry Trail 30km - EASY hardpacked dyke trail and short road section
Cranberry Peek 15km - EASIEST shorter route from Ford Rd
From Lougheed Hwy go SOUTH on Harris Rd and park at Fraser Way dyke access
(For shorter 15km route, start from Ford Rd dyke)
Cranberry Trail Cue Sheet: LINK TO printable Cue Sheet
1. Start/Park at the dyke and ride RIGHT/West on the trail past the Pitt Meadows Airport
2. Cranberry Bog north of Ford Rd (for optional shorter route start here)
3. Continue RIGHT/North on the Pitt River Greenway passing under the Pitt River Bridge – see the Hopcott Cranberry bog on the right
4. Continue NORTH to the Alouette River Marina then take RIGHT/South through the parking lot
5. SOUTH on Reichenbach Rd past Meadows Maze Farm – cranberry bog is now on your right
6. RIGHT/West on Dewdney Trunk Rd and RIGHT/West on Old Dewdney Trunk Rd following bike/pedestrian signs to dyke trail
7. LEFT/South on signed trail retracing route back to your start
UPDATE 2015: due to storm damage Meadows Maze Farm is not open this year - but the berries are still there!) For family fun next year there will be displays about cranberry farming and cranberry tasting. You can slip on gumboots and get right into the flooded berry field or take a wagon tour of the field. There's a corn maze with a different design every year, a store and lots of fun things to see and do.
day each year -- usually mid to late October.
|Cranberries are corralled by a boom|
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you go, please let me know!
I'd love to post a picture or two
from Blog Readers
... just like YOU !
Corrections, suggestions, ideas, thoughts, comments and dreams appreciated!
Or just say Hello ! firstname.lastname@example.org